Auto req ID: 6305BR
Category: Public Relations & Internal Communications
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport are the only true travel commerce platform in the world. We are specialist solution providers and are committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better for the global travel and tourism industry. Come and be part of our mission to make sure that every trip is powered by Travelport…
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to join a growing global communications function? Do you love the impact of communications? Are you someone that is passionate about being actively involved in all aspects of communications? If so, then we could be the place for you.
As a Communications Manager - Europe at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech.
ROLE & TEAM
You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the global communications team, you will play a pivotal and crucial part in reinventing and developing the communications across Travelport in to a sophisticated and innovative leading global function across the business.
This hugely diverse role will involve…
- Leading communication programmes across key markets in Europe within it ensuring consistent messaging, creative execution and measurable outcomes.
- Maintaining direct contact with the public, national and international media for a broad range of business issues and significant breaking stories.
- Implementing media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast & online media.
- Collaborating with numerous partner teams including executive management and marketing, developing creative, integrated programmes utilizing both traditional PR &social media.
- Developing existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business & industry media and handling inquiries and interview requests.
- Craft content for press releases, byline articles, media statements, FAQS, blogs and abstracts.
- Communicating with and managing agencies to build and execute communications strategies.
- Maintain an accurate regional media database, working with the various Country Managers.
Come and join us…
To ensure we achieve our goal, you will join us in embracing our core values;
- Be a player, not a spectator; You will take ownership and make things happen.
- Think we, not me; We are One Travelport, collaborating to succeed.
- Keep it simple; We’re straightforward and easy to do business with.
- Build for tomorrow; You will challenge the norm, aim high and lead change.
You’ll be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organisation.
- Will have demonstrated in house or agency Public Relations experience.
- Extraordinary writing and editing along with verbal communication skills with ability to tell stories that bring company transformation to life.
- Consistent record crafting and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local & international levels.
- Established track record in media relations, issue/crisis communications management, and spokesperson training.
- Strong relationships with both local and international business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Successful at handling partners at all levels of an organization (including senior executives), as well as media, partners, customers.
- Solid experience with social media.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to get in touch.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary & benefits package accompanied with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organisation that cares about its people and promotes innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.